The panel voted and the Elite 8 was highly contested. This round featured heavy weights like Dexter Morgan dueling Walter White. Opinions were voiced and now we are down to the chosen four. The Final Four will be decided on a variety of metrics some of which include awards won, cultural impact, viewership, and staying power. This will ensure the strength of character and not the show will prevail.
Winner of M.A.S.H Region vs. Winner of Law & Order Region
Winner of Twin Peaks Region vs. Winner of Seinfeld Region
1. Tony Soprano (The Sopranos) over 3. John Locke (Lost)
- This was the 2nd closest competition due to strength of both shows. Both of these characters are the class of their respective shows. The tournament’s overall #1 marches on.
Law & Order Region
Michael Scott (The Office) over 1. Jack Bauer (24)
- Michael Scott is the only character rooted in the genre of comedy to make it into the Final Four. He takes down Jack Bauer who does not have the staying power of a Tony Soprano. Also, how The Office lost some magic adds to the lore of Mr. Scott
Twin Peaks Region
1. Walter White (Breaking Bad) over 2. Dexter Morgan (Dexter)
- Both of these men make you really question them. They are epitome of the term “anti-hero”. Walter White whose body of work is a bit stronger than that of Mr. Morgan’s is what lead him to prevail into the Final Four.
1. Don Draper (Mad Men) over 11. Michael Bluth (Arrested Development)
- This was the most contested match up. Draper one by a single vote. If this is polled nationally Draper wins hands down but some of the State-Lines contributors have a clear bias towards Mad Men. And the love for Arrested Development is strong.
1. Tony Soprano (The Sopranos) vs. 2. Michael Scott (The Office)
1. Walter White (Breaking Bad) vs. 1. Don Draper (Mad Men)